COVID-19 Employer Resources
Coronavirus (COVID-19) is an emerging challenge across the world for employers. We’ve gathered some materials to help you stay on top of employee concerns. Check here frequently for updates.
In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued:
- Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease, which provides recommended workplace strategies for employers and guidance on how to decrease COVID-19 spread, information on how to respond to outbreaks, and additional resources; and
- Public Health Response to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 Outbreak, which provides a chronological timeline and summary of the virus, cases reported in the United States, and the agency’s public health response to the illness.
The CDC has also created the following posters for download:
- What you need to know (English, Spanish, Chinese)
- What to do if you are sick (English, Spanish, Chinese)
- Stop the spread of germs (English, Spanish, Chinese)
- Symptoms of coronavirus (English, Spanish)
- President’s Coronavirus Guidance: 15 Days to Slow the Spread
- Workplace, School and Home Guidance
- See all CDC print resources
The CDC has also compiled a list of Phone Numbers for State and Local Health Departments. Keep up to date on CDC guidance for specific industries, latest updates, and resources on the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) main page.
The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) has created a resource page for workers and employers. The DOL’s Wage and Hour Division has posted these posters and guidance:
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Employer Paid Leave Requirements
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Employee Paid Leave Rights
- Employee Rights: Paid Sick Leave and Expanded Family and Medical Leave Under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act Notice – Frequently Asked Questions
- COVID-19 and the American Workplace
- Fact Sheet #70: Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Furloughs and Other Reductions in Pay and Hours Worked Issues
- COVID-19 or Other Public Health Emergencies and the Fair Labor Standards Act Questions and Answers
- COVID-19 and the Family and Medical Leave Act Questions and Answers
The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) has created a landing page entitled What You Should Know About the ADA, the Rehabilitation Act, and COVID-19, which provides links to resources and guidance.
In response to COVID-19, the Office of Civil Rights for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) issued a bulletin regarding HIPAA Privacy and COVID-19.
The U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has created a COVID-19 website for workers and employers that addresses the disease and provides guidance and other resources for preventing exposure to and infection with the virus.
Topics covered include:
- Hazard Recognition
- Medical Information
- Control and Prevention
- Additional Resources
OSHA has also issued the publication Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19.
U.S. Chamber of Commerce
Small Business Administration Materials
The U.S. Small Business Administration has issued guidance entitled SBA Disaster Assistance in Response to the Coronavirus, explaining how the SBA is offering designated states and territories low-interest federal disaster loans for working capital to small businesses suffering substantial economic injury as a result of the coronavirus (COVID-19). Also see Coronavirus (COVID-19): Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources.
Additional Resources from HR Strategies:
• View the Families First Coronavirus Response Act here
• Download a COVID-19 Labor & Legislation PDF guide from 03/20/2020 here
• Download a FFCRA Poster for your break room or any common area